We traveled in September, when the weather in London and Paris
is still hot. For some excellent tips see
After a week in London
we took all of our clothes to a local laundry mat and washed and dried
virtually everything. This meant that we traveled to Paris with everything
clean so we really only needed a weeks worth of clothing for the whole trip.
A couple of thing that we found particularly useful were the following.
- A windproof, waterproof jacket with a hood. No one wears hats in Paris. We saw a
couple come into our hotel one evening completely drenched to the skin
after walking back in an evening thunderstorm.
- Lightweight linen pants worked great for comfort.
- They say that shorts will mark you as a tourist, but I ended up wearing mine
out quite a bit and I never felt out of place.
- A couple of good travel dresses are good. We took a couple of 3/4 sleeve
Tomboy dresses from
that can be casual or quite dressy.
- Tee shirts and cardigans that can be worn alone or together. Bring colors that
can all be mixed and matched.
- Black pants can always be dressed up.
- Scarves are popular in London and Paris and can dress up an outfit.